These invertebrates were found in sediment cores from the edge of the pond, all of them areas were mangroves had been removed (See “Old Scourge, New Questions,” January 30th). Some organisms may have been living a few centimeters underneath the sediment surface, while others may have had shallower burrows– since these samples were depth-integrated, we … Read more
E Komo MaiThis blog is about my continuing research on the food web of He'eia Fishpond. I created it to share my work and fishpond experiences with people in a timely and interesting way.
Today’s Fishpond Photo
Linked Citations Courtesy of Researchblogging.org
Ancient Pond, New LookI switched from the old format to give a little more room and flexibility. Come on in, and enjoy new links, live feeds, and big pictures.
- Comment on Stuart Hurlbert rips Sokal & Rohlf and the state of biostatistical training (UPDATED) by thiagosilva May 21, 2013 thiagosilva
- Comment on What it takes to do policy-relevant science by Brian McGill May 21, 2013 Brian McGill
- Comment on Stuart Hurlbert rips Sokal & Rohlf and the state of biostatistical training (UPDATED) by Nate Hough-Snee (@NHoughSnee) May 21, 2013 Nate Hough-Snee (@NHoughSnee)
- TECHNOLOGY AND DATA: NOAA and Partners Deliver New Climate and Health Data Tool to Public May 10, 2013 oceanscienceblogger
- NOAA Completes Ship-based mapping of the Northeast Reserves, Puerto Rico April 24, 2013 oceanscienceblogger
- PARTNERSHIPS: Mapping Puerto Rico’s Marine Resources: An Interview with John Christensen, Director of the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program April 10, 2013 oceanscienceblogger
- Did you hear they found some Pliocene hominin ear bones? May 15, 2013
- Junk DNA, biological function, and Utricularia gibba May 13, 2013
- Up in the trees with Australopithecus sebida May 10, 2013
- Goodbye Discover, hello NatGeo, please change your links and RSS feeds December 17, 2012
- I’ve got your missing links right here (15 December 2012) December 15, 2012
- Massive bug hunt reveals 25,000 arthropod species in a Manhattan-sized forest December 13, 2012
- The Green Buzz: Friday, May 17 May 17, 2013 Madeline Breen
- Nature Photo of the Week: Morning After the Storm May 16, 2013 Madeline Breen
- Adrenaline Rush: Three Unexpected Encounters with Nature May 16, 2013 Madeline Breen
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.